Your teeth are another year older, which means you have to be more vigilant than ever to take care of them. So here are a few new year tooth tips to keep those teeth healthy and happy!
• Smile more – it can actually help you live longer according to recent studies
• Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride or xylitol toothpaste.
• To keep your teeth white and cavity free, brush after consuming foods that can stain your teeth or those that have lots of sugar (if you don’t have a brush handy, try a wipe or as a last resort, rinse with some water).
• Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner. Tooth decay-causing bacteria still linger between teeth where your toothbrush bristles can’t reach. This helps remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
• Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
• Visit our office on a regular basis for professional cleanings and oral exams.
Been a while since your last cleaning or checkup? If so, give us a call to set up an appointment because the beginning of the year is a great time for a visit!