What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear-aligner treatment. Clear aligners are orthodontic devices that use transparent “trays” to move teeth. They are often an easier alternative to dental braces for adults with mild to moderate crowding of front teeth.
Mild to moderate crowding or spacing is defined as displacement that is less than 6mm which is not caused by jaw bone issues. Conditions such as these may also arise from relapse or recurrence of displacement after orthodontic treatment has been completed.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign treatment consists of the following steps:
- Clinical Exam
- Creation of a digital tooth scan
- Computerized modeling of movement over time
- This movement model is then segmented into periods of time called “stages”
- Clear aligners are created for each stage, usually 5, 10, 20 or more trays are created
- Patient wears each aligner tray for the indicated time, before moving to the next aligner
- Patient wears a clear retainer for a few months to protect against relapse after treatment has completed
Contact our office today for more information or to schedule a consult and see if Invisalign is right for you. We hope to help you achieve the smile of your dreams!